Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We Meet

I “met” the Canadian Gal on Facebook when we were both playing the same game – one of those where you buy and sell people --  and I bought her photo. She emailed me, playfully suggesting it was rather rude of me to buy her and not say “hello,” and our friendship was born. (What I didn’t realize at the time was that a guy the Canadian Gal had briefly dated had entered her into the game we were playing.)

She was really cute. She was also very far away. I mean, Canada isn’t all that far from Ohio – we both bump into Lake Erie, and a person just has to take a short romp through Michigan to hit the American/Canadian border – but parts of it are sort of distant. Vancouver for example. Which is where she lives -- twenty-five hundred miles from Central Ohio.

 Fullscreen capture 6242009 95809 PM

I’ll admit right now I had to do some Googling to find out where Vancouver was but when I found it it seemed to be pretty far off.  As you can see from the map if you were to drive from Central Ohio to her part of Canada you’d pass through many of the states that are hardly ever used before finally making it to the Peace Arch.

It looked like ours was destined to be a long-distance, Windows-Instant-Messenger type friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment