Friday, June 19, 2009

I’m getting Married

To a Canadian.

Which is not a big deal if you, yourself, are Canadian, but it is a little more work if you’re an American. Especially if the two of you lived 2500 miles apart when you "met.”

But I’m getting a little bit ahead of where I want to be right now.

I’m a divorced father of three boys. She’s a divorced mother of three girls.

The whole thing would be very Brady Bunch except for two things… the girls are all brunettes, so we’re sort of foiled with respect to the “They all had hair of gold,” lyric. And she also has two boys, so we’ve got more of an Eight is Enough thing working.

Eight children.

It sounds like a lot. However, if you consider that $1.20 Canadian is equal to $1.00 American these days, it’s not hard to imagine five children Canadian are the equivalent of four children American.

Not that it matters. Seven. Eight. We’ll still need to take two cars when we go places.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like the beginning of a great book! I love the Canadian children/American children exchange rate! My husband roared when I read your blog to him. good luck...I may just have to follow your blog to see how things turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva: Thank you for stopping by. What the American children lack in number they make up for in size. I think if you were to stack all the kids atop one another by country, the American and Canadian stacks would be about equal.

    ReplyDelete